Communications Assistant (2 positions)
Description: The Summit League, a NCAA Division I conference based in Elmhurst, Ill. (western suburb of Chicago), is accepting applications for two (2) Communications Assistant positions.
Responsibilities: The two positions will focus in the areas of media relations and communications for the league and its 19 sports with emphasis on social media related content and design. Additional duties include assisting with championship preparation and on-site support. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating designs for social media, publications, website, and other graphics.
- Assisting in development of social media and multimedia initiatives.
- Serving as the primary contact and as the league’s on-site championship communications liaison for several Olympic sports.
- Developing championship programs, updating and maintaining the league’s website, contributing to the league’s social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.), managing statistical and historical records for assigned sports, and writing and distributing news releases to the media.
- Tabulating and distributing weekly awards and all-league team selections.
- Traveling to basketball championships and other selected championships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employment Period: One (1) 11-month commitment starting Aug. 1, 2017 and ending on June 30, 2018.
Compensation: A taxable monthly stipend of $1,800, plus a cell phone and home Internet stipend, is included for each 11-month commitment. Positions are not benefits eligible.
Application Information: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with an Aug. 1 start date. Additional information about The Summit League is available at www.thesummitleague.org. The Summit League is an equal opportunity employer. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, work samples and three references to: David Brauer, Assistant Commissioner for Communications (email@example.com).
All application materials must be submitted electronically. No phone calls, please.
Summit League Member Institutions