ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State outfielder Carter Thompson was named The Summit League Baseball Player of the Week while Oral Roberts pitcher Miguel Ausua earned the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances April 23-29.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Carter Thompson, North Dakota State
So. // OF // Fargo, N.D.
- Garnered his first career Player of the Week award
- Slugged 1.444, including three home runs in league series win over Omaha
- Hit .444, recorded an OPS of 1.888 with four RBI and four runs scored without striking out in nine at-bats vs. the Mavericks
- Drove in seven runs during the week and struck out once in 14 at-bats
- Went 3-for-4 with two home runs, two RBI and three runs scored against the Mavs on April 29
Also nominated: Mike Snyder, Fort Wayne; Cole Thibodeau, Omaha; Noah Cummings, Oral Roberts; Anthony Schneider, South Dakota State
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Logan Busch, North Dakota State; March 5 – Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State; March 12 – Riley Keizor, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Braden Rogers, Omaha; March 26 – Thomas DeBonville, Omaha; April 2 – Noah Cummings, Oral Roberts; April 9 – Phil Velez, South Dakota State; April 16 – Josh Falk, South Dakota State; April 23 – Mike Snyder, Fort Wayne/Nick Roark, Oral Roberts
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts
Sr. // LHP // Penuelas, P.R.
- Collected his fourth career Pitcher of the Week award and second this season, both in the past three weeks
- Tossed eight innings and yielded just one earned run in a victory over Western Illinois
- Struck out five and allowed just one walk while scattering eight hits in his start against WIU
- Held the Leathernecks scoreless over the first six innings of work
- Recorded his league-best seventh win of the season, a figure that ranks 20th nationally
Also nominated: Cal Hehnke, Omaha; Alex Marro, South Dakota State; Ian Koch, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; March 5 – Payton Kinney, Omaha; March 12 – Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Spencer Koelewyn, Omaha/Ryan Dunne, Western Illinois; March 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; April 2 – Shane Odzark, Fort Wayne; April 9 – Blake Stockert, North Dakota State; April 16 – Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts; April 23 – Cal Hehnke, Omaha
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.