ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State's A.J. Jacobson and Fort Wayne's Max Landis were named Summit League Players of the Week for their performances Feb. 1-7.
A.J. JACOBSON, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
So. // F // Fargo, N.D.
- Earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week award
- Averaged 21.0 points, 5.5 rebounds with a 65.2 FG% and 60.0 3FG% while playing all 80 minutes during week
- Posted his two highest scoring games of the season in consecutive wins
- Scored 22 points, second-highest total of his career, with seven rebounds and a pair of steals in victory over Fort Wayne
MAX LANDIS, FORT WAYNE
Sr. // G // Indianapolis, Ind.
- Collected his league-best fourth honor of the season and fifth of his career
- Scored 44 points in win at South Dakota, accounting for the NCAA's fifth-highest game total this season and the sixth-most points ever in a Summit League contest
- Set school-record and equaled league record with 11 made three-pointers, the second-most in an NCAA game this season
- Shot 73.3 percent (11-15) from beyond the arc at USD
Also nominated: Christian Mackey, Denver; Matt O'Leary, IUPUI; Devin Patterson, Omaha; Deondre Parks, South Dakota State; Garret Covington, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Nov. 16 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois; Nov. 23 – Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts / J.C. Fuller, Western Illinois; Nov. 30 – Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Dec. 7 – Devin Patterson, Omaha / Eric Robertson, South Dakota; Dec. 14 – Deondre Parks, South Dakota State; Dec. 21 – Joe Reed, Fort Wayne; Dec. 28 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Jan. 4 – Devin Patterson, Omaha / Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Jan. 11 – Devin Patterson, Omaha; Jan. 19 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Jan. 26 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State / John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Feb. 1 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. Already in 2015-16, The Summit League set records for highest RPI rating, peaking at No. 8 in December, and for overall, Division I, mid-major and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships further established itself as one of the nation's top tournaments by smashing league attendance figures in five-of-six categories last season, including total attendance by an astounding 33 percent, at the new Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D. This season's tournament returns to the venue March 5-8, 2016. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.