ELMHURST, Ill. – Omaha's Tra-Deon Hollins was named Summit League Player of the Week for his performance Feb. 8-14.
TRA-DEON HOLLINS, OMAHA
Jr. // G // Omaha, Neb.
- Earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week award while leading team to a pair of key victories
- Averaged 21.0 points, 7.0 assists, 6.5 rebounds and 4.0 steals while recording a 68.2 FG% and 66.7 3FG%
- Recorded game-highs in four categories, including career-bests of 28 points and nine rebounds, with eight assists and four steals in win over first-place South Dakota State
- Shot 75 percent (9-of-12) from the field and converted eight free throws in the victory over SDSU
- Totaled six assists and four steals with 14 points in a win over North Dakota State that drew Mavericks within a half-game of first-place in the standings
- Extended his NCAA-leading steals total to 107, 34 more than second place, and is five away from setting a new Summit League season record
Also nominated: Marcus Byrd, Denver; Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Nick Osborne, IUPUI; Khy Kabellis, North Dakota State; Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Jalen Chapman, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Nov. 16 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois; Nov. 23 – Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts / J.C. Fuller, Western Illinois; Nov. 30 – Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Dec. 7 – Devin Patterson, Omaha / Eric Robertson, South Dakota; Dec. 14 – Deondre Parks, South Dakota State; Dec. 21 – Joe Reed, Fort Wayne; Dec. 28 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Jan. 4 – Devin Patterson, Omaha / Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Jan. 11 – Devin Patterson, Omaha; Jan. 19 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Jan. 26 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State / John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Feb. 1 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Feb. 8 – A.J. Jacobson, North Dakota State / Max Landis, Fort Wayne
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. Already in 2015-16, The Summit League set records for highest RPI rating, peaking at No. 8 in December, and for overall, Division I, mid-major and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships further established itself as one of the nation's top tournaments by smashing league attendance figures in five-of-six categories last season, including total attendance by an astounding 33 percent, at the new Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D. This season's tournament returns to the venue March 5-8, 2016. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.