ELMHURST, Ill. – IUPUI's Darell Combs was named Summit League Player of the Week for his performance Feb. 22-28. The award marks the final weekly honor of the 2015-16 season.
DARELL COMBS, IUPUI
Jr. // G // Chicago, Ill.
- Earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week award
- Averaged 31.5 points, 5.5 assists and 2.0 rebounds per game and shot 61.8 percent (21-of-34) from the field and 66.7 (12-18) from three-point range during the week
- Scored a career-high 32 points, including hitting 6-of-11 three-point attempts, against South Dakota
- Recorded a career-high eight assists in 31-point performance in win over league co-champion Fort Wayne
- Scored 21 of his 31 points in the first half and went 6-of-7 from three-point range against the Mastodons
- Totaled 11 assists against just three turnovers (3.7 ratio) during the week
- Became first IUPUI player to record consecutive 30-point scoring games since George Hill in January 2008
Also nominated: C.J. Bobbitt, Denver; Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Devin Patterson, Omaha; Tyler Flack, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State;
Previous recipients: Nov. 16 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois; Nov. 23 – Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts / J.C. Fuller, Western Illinois; Nov. 30 – Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Dec. 7 – Devin Patterson, Omaha / Eric Robertson, South Dakota; Dec. 14 – Deondre Parks, South Dakota State; Dec. 21 – Joe Reed, Fort Wayne; Dec. 28 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Jan. 4 – Devin Patterson, Omaha / Obi Emegano, Oral Roberts; Jan. 11 – Devin Patterson, Omaha; Jan. 19 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Jan. 26 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State / John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Feb. 1 – Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Feb. 8 – A.J. Jacobson, North Dakota State / Max Landis, Fort Wayne; Feb. 15 – Tra-Deon Hollins, Omaha; Feb. 22 – John Konchar, Fort Wayne
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. Already in 2015-16, The Summit League set records for highest RPI rating, peaking at No. 8 in December, and for overall, Division I, mid-major and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships further established itself as one of the nation's top tournaments by smashing league attendance figures in five-of-six categories last season, including total attendance by an astounding 33 percent, at the new Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D. This season's tournament returns to the venue March 5-8, 2016. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.