ELMHURST, Ill. – Fort Wayne's Mo Evans was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Nov. 14-20.
MO EVANS, FORT WAYNE
Sr. // G // Indianapolis, Ind.
- Received his first career Player of the Week honor
- Averaged 26 points, seven assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals per game during the week
- Set career-highs with 33 points, 13 assists and five steals in victory over UMass-Lowell
- The 33 points are a Summit League best this season while the 13 assists tied for nation's second-highest total
- Set a Fort Wayne Division I record with 13 assists
- Shot 55.6 percent from three-point range and converted all six free throw attempts during the week
- Scored a team-high 19 points in game at Illinois State
Also nominated: Joe Rosga, Denver; Ron Patterson, IUPUI; Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Tra-Deon Hollins, Omaha; Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts; Trey Dickerson, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 14 – Trey Burch-Manning, South Dakota
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2015-16, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 12 RPI ranking, its fifth consecutive top-20 season, and set season standards for overall and mid-major winning percentage, road and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures and finished eighth among all Division I men's basketball for average session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 4-7, 2017. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.