ELMHURST, Ill. – Fort Wayne's Bryson Scott was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Nov. 21-27.
BRYSON SCOTT, FORT WAYNE
Jr. // G // Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Received his first career Player of the Week honor
- Averaged 20.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.5 steals in a pair of victories
- Scored 18 points and pulled down 12 rebounds along with three assists and three steals in upset of No. 3 Indiana
- Totaled 23 points with nine rebounds, three assists and two steals while shooting 80 percent from the field and 60 percent from beyond the arc vs. Mississippi Valley State
- Recorded a 2.0 assist/turnover ratio and shot 61.5 percent during the week
Also nominated: Daniel Amigo, Denver; Matt O'Leary, IUPUI; Khy Kabellis, North Dakota State; Zach Jackson, Omaha; Tyler Flack, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 14 – Trey Burch-Manning, South Dakota; Nov. 21 – Mo Evans, Fort Wayne
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2015-16, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 12 RPI ranking, its fifth consecutive top-20 season, and set season standards for overall and mid-major winning percentage, road and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures and finished eighth among all Division I men's basketball for average session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 4-7, 2017. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.