ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State's Dexter Werner was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Dec. 5-11.
DEXTER WERNER, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // F // Bismarck, N.D.
- Garnered his first career Player of the Week honor
- Scored 30 points, pulled down 13 rebounds and added three steals against North Dakota
- Made 12-of-13 field goal attempts (92.3 percent) in lone contest during the week
- Recorded six offensive rebounds and accounted for more than half of his team's points
- Became nation's only player to make 12 or more shots and shoot 90 percent or better vs. a D-I foe this season
Also nominated: Daniel Amigo, Denver; John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Marcus Tyus, Omaha; Kris Martin, Oral Roberts; Tyler Flack, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 14 – Trey Burch-Manning, South Dakota; Nov. 21 – Mo Evans, Fort Wayne; Nov. 28 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 5 – Tre'Shawn Thurman, Omaha
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2015-16, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 12 RPI ranking, its fifth consecutive top-20 season, and set season standards for overall and mid-major winning percentage, road and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures and finished eighth among all Division I men's basketball for average session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 4-7, 2017. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.