ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver's Daniel Amigo was tabbed Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Jan. 9-16.
DANIEL AMIGO, DENVER
Jr. // C // El Paso, Texas
- Garnered his first career Player of the Week honor
- Averaged 20.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots in 26.0 minutes per game in pair of wins
- Scored 28 points and pulled down 12 rebounds in rout of previous league-unbeaten North Dakota State
- Shot .650 (13-of-20) against the first-place Bison
- Totaled 13 points, seven rebounds, three assists, two blocked shots and one steal in win over Western Illinois
- Became Denver's first Summit League Player of the Week since Feb. 24, 2014 (Chris Udofia)
Also nominated: Mo Evans, Fort Wayne; D.J. McCall, IUPUI; Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Marcus Tyus, Omaha; Albert Owens, Oral Roberts; Matt Mooney, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 14 – Trey Burch-Manning, South Dakota; Nov. 21 – Mo Evans, Fort Wayne; Nov. 28 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 5 – Tre'Shawn Thurman, Omaha; Dec. 12 – Dexter Werner, North Dakota State; Dec. 19 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Dec. 26 – John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Jan. 3 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Jan. 9 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois / Marcus Tyus, Omaha
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2015-16, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 12 RPI ranking, its fifth consecutive top-20 season, and set season standards for overall and mid-major winning percentage, road and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures and finished eighth among all Division I men's basketball for average session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 4-7, 2017. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.