ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State's Paul Miller was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Jan. 17-22.
PAUL MILLER, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // G // Waukesha, Wis.
- Garnered his second career Player of the Week honor, both coming in January
- Averaged 26.0 points,6.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and just 1.5 turnovers per game in pair of wins
- Shot 78.6 percent (11-of-14) from three-point range and 91.7 percent (11-of-12) from the free throw line during week
- Scored a career-high 33 points and made career-best seven treys in key win over Fort Wayne
- Scored 19 points, pulled down nine rebounds and dished out three assists without committing a turnover in road victory at Western Illinois
Also nominated: Daniel Amigo, Denver; Ron Patterson, IUPUI; Tra-Deon Hollins, Omaha; Albert Owens, Oral Roberts; Mike Daum, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 14 – Trey Burch-Manning, South Dakota; Nov. 21 – Mo Evans, Fort Wayne; Nov. 28 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 5 – Tre'Shawn Thurman, Omaha; Dec. 12 – Dexter Werner, North Dakota State; Dec. 19 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Dec. 26 – John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Jan. 3 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Jan. 9 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois / Marcus Tyus, Omaha; Jan. 17 – Daniel Amigo, Denver
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2015-16, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 12 RPI ranking, its fifth consecutive top-20 season, and set season standards for overall and mid-major winning percentage, road and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures and finished eighth among all Division I men's basketball for average session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 4-7, 2017. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.