ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota's Tyler Flack was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performance Feb. 6-12.
TYLER FLACK, SOUTH DAKOTA
Sr. // F // Lakeville, Minn.
- Garnered his first career Player of the Week award
- Averaged 26.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.0 steals per game while leading Coyotes to pair of victories
- Shot 80 percent (21-of-26) from the field, 66.7 percent (4-of-6) from three-point range, and 85.7 percent (6-of-7) from the free throw line during the week
- Scored a career-high 29 points on 13-of-15 shooting in win at Fort Wayne
- Totaled 23 points, scoring 16 in first half, in victory over South Dakota State
- Helped hold SDSU's Mike Daum, the league's leading scorer, to just 4-of-11 shooting from the field
Also nominated: Joe Rosga, Denver; Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Kelton Thomas, IUPUI; A.J. Jacobson, North Dakota State; Marcus Tyus, Omaha; Aaron Anderson, Oral Roberts; Reed Telinghuisen, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Nov. 14 – Trey Burch-Manning, South Dakota; Nov. 21 – Mo Evans, Fort Wayne; Nov. 28 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 5 – Tre'Shawn Thurman, Omaha; Dec. 12 – Dexter Werner, North Dakota State; Dec. 19 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Dec. 26 – John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Jan. 3 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Jan. 9 – Garret Covington, Western Illinois / Marcus Tyus, Omaha; Jan. 17 – Daniel Amigo, Denver; Jan. 23 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Jan. 30 – John Konchar, Fort Wayne; Feb. 6 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from nine member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, IUPUI, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois. In 2015-16, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 12 RPI ranking, its fifth consecutive top-20 season, and set season standards for overall and mid-major winning percentage, road and power five victories. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures and finished eighth among all Division I men's basketball for average session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 4-7, 2017. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org, follow Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.