ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State's Tyson Ward was named Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week for his performances Nov. 20-26.
TYSON WARD, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
So. // G // Tampa, Fla.
- Garnered his first career Player of the Week award
- Averaged 21.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in 29 minutes per game during the week
- Registered a career-high 26 points and pulled down six rebounds along with two assists in win vs. Stetson
- Scored 17 points with seven rebounds and four assists in win over Florida A&M
- Shot 68.0 percent (17-25) from the field and 57.1 percent (4-7) from beyond the arc during the week
Also nominated: Daniel Amigo, Denver; John Konchar, Fort Wayne; KJ Robinson, Omaha; Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts; Tyler Hagedorn, South Dakota; Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Dalan Ancrum, Western Illinois
Previous Recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Nov. 20 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.