ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State's Mike Daum earned Summit League Men's Basketball Player of the Week honors for his performance Jan. 9-14.
MIKE DAUM, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // F // Kimball, Neb.
- Collected his fifth Player of the Week this season, tying for the third-highest season total all-time
- Garnered weekly honors for the fourth time in five weeks, the best stretch on record
- His nine career Player of the Week awards are tied for third-most in league history
- Averaged 30.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in wins over Oral Roberts and Denver
- Scored 27 points and pulled down 12 rebounds vs. ORU
- Totaled 34 points, including 10-for-14 (71.4 percent) shooting from the field and five-of-six (83.3 percent) beyond the arc, to go along with eight boards against Denver
Also nominated: Daniel Amigo, Denver; Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Zach Jackson, Omaha; Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts; Tyler Hagedorn, South Dakota
Previous Recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Nov. 20 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Nov. 27 – Tyson Ward, North Dakota State; Dec. 4 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 11 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State; Dec. 18 – Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts / Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Dec. 26 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Jan. 2 – Emmanuel Nzekwesi, Oral Roberts; Jan. 9 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.