ELMHURST, Ill. – Western Illinois forward Jacob Bevan was named Summit League Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week, while Denver defender Kortne Ford garnered the Defensive Player of the Week award for their performances, Sept. 12-18.
JACOB BEVAN, WESTERN ILLINOIS
Sr. // F // Oxford, England
- Captured his second career Offensive Player of the Week honor and first this season
- Recorded his first career hat trick in WIU's 4-1 win over Kansas City (first league player to do so since ORU's Edgardo Mira on Oct. 31, 2015)
- Added an assist in a 2-0 shutout over Mount Mercy
- Totaled three goals and one assist for seven points in a pair of Leatherneck wins
Also nominated: Blake Elder, Denver; Kris Luke, Eastern Illinois; Oscar Uyamadu, Fort Wayne; Santiago Riveros, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Aug. 29 – Santiago Riveros, ORU; Sept. 6 – Fazlo Alihodzic, UNO; Sept. 12 – Thilo Korperich, IPFW
KORTNE FORD, DENVER
Jr. // D // Greeley, Colo.
- Received his third career Defensive Player of the Week award and second of the year
- Anchored a backline for the No. 8 Pioneers that did not allow a shot on goal in a pair of shutout wins (2-0 vs. Saint Louis; 1-0 vs. North Florida)
- The DU defensive unit did not allow Saint Louis a shot attempt
- Added the game-winning goal against the Billikens
Also nominated: Mike Novotny, Eastern Illinois; Jorge Trujillo, Fort Wayne; Nick Anderson, IUPUI; Parker Johnson, Oral Roberts; Tim Hansen, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Aug. 29 – Reagan Dunk, DU; Sept. 6 – Joseph Ghitis, UNO/Kortne Ford, DU; Sept. 12 – Tim Hansen, WIU
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.