ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver forward Eric Kronenberg was named Summit League Men's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Oral Roberts goalkeeper Thibaut Giquel garnered the Defensive Player of the Week award for their performances Oct. 2-8.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Eric Kronenberg, Denver
Sr. // F // Boulder, Colo.
- Earned his second career Offensive Player of the Week honor (also Sept. 2, 2014)
- Scored game-winning goal in 1-0 victory in league contest against Eastern Illinois
- Has two goals this season after returning from back-to-back knee injuries
- Is tied for fifth in Denver Division I annals with six career game-winners
Also nominated: Elvir Ibisevic, Omaha; Dante Brigida, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Aug. 28 – Elvir Ibisevic, Omaha; Sept. 5 – Elvir Ibisevic, Omaha; Sept. 11 – Emmanuel Hamzat, Omaha; Sept. 18 – Fernando Pacheco, Western Illinois; Sept. 25 – Drew Whalen, Western Illinois; Oct. 2 – Romain Lopez, Fort Wayne
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Thibaut Giquel, Oral Roberts
Sr. // GK // Vannes, France
- Garnered his first career Defensive Player of the Week award
- Registered a shutout victory in the league victory over Fort Wayne
- Made four saves in the win and now has 43 total to rank second in The Summit League
- Yielded one goal in 180 total minutes of action during the week
Previous honorees: Aug. 28 – Dan Mooney, Denver/Stephen Siy, Omaha; Sept. 5 – Mike Novotny, Eastern Illinois; Sept. 11 – Jacob Weiler, Omaha; Sept. 18 – Seth Rinderknecht, Omaha; Sept. 25 – Josesph Ghitis, Omaha/Mike Novotny, Eastern Illinois; Oct. 2 – Tim Trilk, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.