SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – This time it was a veteran forward from Oral Roberts that joined sophomore goalkeeper Miles Motakef in sweeping the Summit League men's soccer Player of the Week awards. It marks back-to-back sweeps for the Golden Eagles, who are now 3-1 on the young season.
Junior Dante Brigida earned the offensive accolade after providing the game-winning goals in ORU's two victories last week, while Motakef turned in a stellar performance in goal during the Golden Eagles' third match.
Brigida got the week off to a strong start for ORU, scoring twice in a 2-1 victory over former and future Summit League-foe Kansas City on Monday. After a 2-0 loss at Loyola Marymount, the Golden Eagles responded with a win at California Baptist that saw Brigida net the game-winner in the 60th-minute.
Motakef did not play in the opening two matches of the week for the Golden Eagles but returned between the pipes to post an eight-save shutout in a 1-0 victory over the Lancers. The eight stops were a season high for Motakef who earned his fourth career weekly honor.
Dante Brigida, Oral Roberts
Jr. | F | Edmond, Okla.
- Scored three goals during ORU's two wins last week
- Tallied the fourth and fifth game-winning goals of his career
- This is the second weekly honor of Brigida's career
Also nominated: Ryan Bernt, Purdue Fort Wayne.
Miles Motakef, Oral Roberts
So. | GK | Georgetown, Texas
- Made eight saves in 1-0 shutout of Cal Baptist
- The shutout was the fourth of his career and first of the season
- This is the third weekly honor of Motakef's career