ELMHURST, Ill. – Omaha catcher/outfielder Kourtney Pock was named Summit League Player of the Week while teammate Laura Roecker garnered the league's Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of March 7-13.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
KOURTNEY POCK, OMAHA
Fr. // C/OF // Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Named Summit League Player of the Week for the first time in her career
- Helped Omaha to a 5-2 record vs. Northern Colorado and at the Jayhawk Invitational
- Registered two base hits in five straight games on her way to batting .500 (10-20) on the week
- Went 4-for-7 in a doubleheader sweep of Northern Colorado and hit her first collegiate home run vs. Missouri State
- Posted an impressive slash line of .500/.524/.750 during the week with six RBI and seven runs scored
Also nominated: Sierra Miranda, IPFW; Cheyenne Garcia, North Dakota State; Christian McKone, South Dakota State; Karissa Kouchis, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 15 – Sydney Hames, Omaha; Feb. 22 – Payton Abbott, Western Illinois; Feb 29 – Jackie Stifter, North Dakota State; March 7 – Tierney Bottino, Western Illinois
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
LAURA ROECKER, OMAHA
Fr. // RHP // Elkhorn, Neb.
- Earned her first career Summit League Pitcher of the Week award
- Went 3-0 in the circle for the Mavericks for the week, doubling her season win total
- Threw two three-hit complete games wins in consecutive appearances vs. Northern Colorado and Missouri State
- Tossed another complete-game win over UMKC, striking out a career-best seven batters
- For the week, went 3-0 with 12 strikeouts and an ERA of 1.12 in 24.0 innings pitched
Also nominated: Sarah Lazarowich, IPFW; Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Bryana Clark, South Dakota State
Previous honorees: Feb. 15 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 22 – Brooke Boetjer, IUPUI / Kacyee Hart, Western Illinois; Feb. 29 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; March 7 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State / Emily Ira, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 75 Academic All-Americans, 65 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. In 2014-15, The Summit League ranked first for NCAA Graduation Success Rate in women's basketball and second in baseball. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.