IUPUI's Good, UNO's Roecker Earn #SummitSB Weekly HonorsELMHURST, Ill. – IUPUI infielder Maggie Good was named Summit League Player of the Week while Omaha's pitcher Laura Roecker earned the league's Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of Feb. 27-Mar.5.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MAGGIE GOOD, IUPUI
Sr. // IF // Rochester, Ind.
- Named Summit League Player of the Week for the first time in her career.
- Recorded .462 (6-for-13) average over the weekend with a .533 on-base percentage and 1.000 slugging percentage.
- Drove in seven runs with one double and two home runs in five games while scoring three times.
- Currently ranks first in the league RBI (22), second in batting average (.368) and home runs (5)
Also nominated: Vanessa Anderson, North Dakota State; Nicole Warren, Omaha; Christy Warnock, South Dakota; Hailey Duwa, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; Feb. 20 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; Feb. 27 – Shelby Keil, South Dakota
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
LAURA ROECKER, OMAHA
So. // P // Elkhorn, Neb.
- Earned her first Summit League Pitcher of the Week award this season and third in her career
- Had two strike outs in her seven-inning victory over No. 17 Utah
- Earned two more wins over Southern Utah and Montana
- Gave up six base-hits in 12 innings, finished the weekend with an ERA of 0.00 and tallied three strikeouts
- Currently tied for first in the league in wins (5)
Also nominated: Payton Abbott, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 20 - Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 27 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
In its fourth decade of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 75 Academic All-Americans, 65 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. In 2014-15, The Summit League ranked first for NCAA Graduation Success Rate in women's basketball and second in baseball. For more information about the league and to "See The Summit", visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.