ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State second basemen Zoe Stavrou was named Summit League Player of the Week while NDSU's pitcher Jacquelyn Sertic earned the league Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of April 24-30.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ZOE STAVROU, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
So. // IF/OF // Long Beach, Calif.
- Named Summit League Player of the Week for the first time in her career and season
- Recorded .529 (9-for-17) average during the week with a .529 on-base percentage and .588 slugging percentage
- Hit .571 (4-for-7) against #4/5 Minnesota
- Had two or more hits in four of five games
- Matched a career high with three hits in 9-3 win over the Jackrabbits
Also nominated: Maria Palmegiani, Fort Wayne; Delilah Wright, IUPUI; Emily Winckler, South Dakota; Payton Abbott, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Brittney Morse, South Dakota State; Feb. 20 – Kelly Pattison, Omaha; Feb. 27 – Shelby Keil, South Dakota; Mar. 5 – Maggie Good, IUPUI; Mar. 13 – Ali Herdliska, South Dakota State; Mar. 20 – Caitlyn DeLong, Fort Wayne; Mar. 27 – Kayla Fields, South Dakota; April 3 – Vanessa Anderson, North Dakota State; April 10 – Aly Compton, Western Illinois; April 17 – Ali Herdliska, South Dakota State; April 24 – Vicky Kinney, Omaha
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
JACQUELYN SERTIC, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // RHP // Sparks, Nev.
- Earned her fourth Summit League Pitcher of the Week award this season and 10th in her career
- Had nine strikeouts in 1-0 win over South Dakota State, her fifth shutout this season
- In conference play, she gave up 9 base-hits in 14 innings, finished the weekend with an ERA of 1.00 and tallied 19 strikeouts
- Had 10 strike outs in the 9-3 win over SDSU, marking the 10th time this season she has reached double figure strikeouts
- Currently leads the league in overall wins (15) and strikeouts (283)
Also nominated: Darby Shaw, Fort Wayne; Nickole Finch, IUPUI; Rachel Cue, South Dakota; Madison Hope, South Dakota State; Emily Ira, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 13 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 20 - Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Feb. 27 – Jacquelyn Sertic, North Dakota State; Mar. 5 – Laura Roecker, Omaha; Mar. 13 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; Mar. 20 – Erica Tharp, IUPUI ; Mar. 27 – Nickole Finch, IUPUI; April 3 – Megan Green, South Dakota/Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 10 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois; April 17 – Rachel Cue, South Dakota; April 24 – Emily Ira, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.