By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota senior Dustie Durham has been named this week's Summit League Player of the Week, while Purdue Fort Wayne's Lauren McConnell earns pitcher of the week honors.
Durham helped lead her South Dakota squad to a 4-1 record at the Charleston Southern Tournament. She hit safely in all five games, posting an impressive .500 batting average while driving in nine runs. McConnell earned her first career victory inside the circle in her collegiate debut for the Mastodons. She didn't allow an earned run in14.1 innings pitched at the Total Control Sports Invite in Rosemont, Ill.
Player of the Week
Dustie Durham, South Dakota
Sr. | Infielder | Buckeye, Ariz.
• Durham helped lead the Yotes to a 4-1 record while hitting safely in all five games
• She had a slash line of .500/.526/.944
• Had a double, two triple and a home run while driving in nine runs
• This is her first career player of the week honor
Also nominated: Cara Beatty, North Dakota State; Ali Herdliska, South Dakota State; Morganne Denny, Purdue fort Wayne; Victoria Minor, North Dakota; Sydney Hollings, Western Illinois
Pitcher of the Week
Lauren McConnell, Purdue Fort Wayne
Fr. | Pitcher | Portage, Ind.
• McConnell earned her first career victory in her debut, pitching five shutout innings
• She didn't allow an earned run in 14.1 innings of work
• Struck out eight and averaged 3.91 k's per seven innings
• This is McConnell's first career pitcher of the week award
Also nominated: Dustie Durham, South Dakota; Taylor Compton, South Dakota State; Nikki Pica, North Dakota
2019 Summit League Players of the Week
Player: Dustie Durham, South Dakota
Pitcher: Lauren McConnell, Purdue Fort Wayne