ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota's Sabrina Sabadeanu was named The Summit League Women's Swimmer of the Week, while Valparaiso's Dylan Kirar earned the Men's Swimmer of the Week award for their performances during the week of Oct. 1 – 9.
SABRINA SABADEANU, SOUTH DAKOTA
So. // Commerce City, Colo.
- Named Summit League Swimmer of the Week for the first time in her career
- Finished first in the 100 back (58.58) and 200 back (2:05.61) in meet against Minnesota State
- Swam a 2:10.12 to place first in the 200 IM
Also nominated: Morgan McCormick, Denver; Lauren Oostman, Eastern Illinois
DYLAN KIRAR, VALPARAISO
Jr. // Arvada, Colo.
- Named Summit League Swimmer of the Week for the first time in his career
- Finished first in the 1000 free (9:55.87) and 500 free (4:56.00) in meet against league foe Eastern Illinois
- Moved into third on Valpo's Top 10 list with time in the 1000 free
Also nominated: Sid Farber, Denver; Steven Fishman, Eastern Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.