ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota's Morgan Holt was named The Summit League Women's Swimmer of the Week, while teammate Hunter Padgett garnered the Men's Swimmer of the Week honor for their performances during the week of Oct. 30 – Nov. 6.
WOMEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
MORGAN HOLT, SOUTH DAKOTA
Jr. // Clermont, Fla.
- Named Summit League Swimmer of the Week for the first time in her career
- Won the 400-yard medley relay (3:53.93) and 200-yard butterfly (2:07.71) at the USD Tri-Duals
- Time in the 200 fly currently ranks fifth in The Summit League
- Time in the 100 fly (58.66) ranks eighth in league
Also nominated: Richelle Bruyckere, South Dakota State; Madison Chao, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Oct. 10 – Sabrina Sabadeanu, South Dakota; Oct. 17 – Heidi Bradley, Denver; Oct. 24 – Morgan McCormick, Denver; Oct. 31 – Maddie Myers, Denver
MEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
HUNTER PADGETT, SOUTH DAKOTA
Jr. // Carlsbad, Calif.
- Collected his second-career Swimmer of the Week award and first of the season
- Won all six events he competed in at the USD Tri-Duals
- Time in 200 free (1:42.74) ranks fourth in The Summit League
- Clocked 46.69 in the 100 free, good to rank sixth in the league
- 500 free time of 4:48.92 ranks seventh in the league
Also nominated: Dan Jacobson, South Dakota State; Brennan Bladel, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Oct. 10 – Dylan Kirar, Valparaiso; Oct. 17 – Sid Farber, Denver; Oct. 24 – Stephen Calkins, Denver; Oct. 31 – Colin Gilbert, Denver
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.