ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota's Sabrina Sabadeanu was tabbed The Summit League Women's Swimmer of the Week for the second time this season, while teammate Hunter Padgett earned his second consecutive Men's Swimmer of the Week honor. Both posted league-leading times in their respective events at the Iowa State Tri-Duals.
WOMEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
SABRINA SABADEANU, SOUTH DAKOTA
So. // Commerce City, Colo.
- Named Summit League Swimmer of the Week for the second time in her career and second time this season
- Placed in the top four of all her events against Iowa State and TCU
- Won the 200 back with a time of 2:04.89, which ranks third in The Summit League
- Clocked 57.80 in her 100 back third-place finish, also ranking third in the league
Previous recipients: Oct. 10 – Sabrina Sabadeanu, South Dakota; Oct. 17 – Heidi Bradley, Denver; Oct. 24 – Morgan McCormick, Denver; Oct. 31 – Maddie Myers, Denver; Nov. 7 – Morgan Holt, South Dakota
MEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
HUNTER PADGETT, SOUTH DAKOTA
Jr. // Carlsbad, Calif.
- Collected his third career Swimmer of the Week award and second of the season
- Finished in the top three of all his events at the Iowa State Tri-Duals
- Clocked 1:44.07 in his 200 free third-place finish, ranking seventh in The Summit League
- Posted 47.93 in his 100 free second-place finish, ranking 14th in the league
Also nominated: James "Mac" Sogandares, Valparaiso
Previous recipients: Oct. 10 – Dylan Kirar, Valparaiso; Oct. 17 – Sid Farber, Denver; Oct. 24 – Stephen Calkins, Denver; Oct. 31 – Colin Gilbert, Denver; Nov. 7 – Hunter Padgett, South Dakota
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.