ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State's Emily Moore received The Summit League Women's Diver of the Week honor for the second time this season, while teammate Mitchell Raihle earned his first career Men's Diver of the Week award. Both posted top dives at the Mizzou Invite.
WOMEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
EMILY MOORE, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // Des Moines, Iowa
- Earned her second career Summit League Diver of the Week award and second this season
- Broke the school record on the platform dive (165.95)
- Placed 19th in the 1-meter prelims with a score of 225.45
- Finished 14th in the 3-meter prelims (232.25)
Previous recipients: Oct. 10 – Sarah Schank, South Dakota; Oct. 17 – Sammy Walker, Denver; Oct. 24 – Emily Moore, South Dakota State; Oct. 31 – Larissa Grammer, Denver; Nov. 7 – Sarah Schank, South Dakota; Nov. 14 – Sarah Schank, South Dakota
MEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
MITCHELL RAIHLE, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
So. // Spring Lake Park, Minn.
- Collected his first career Summit League Diver of the Week honor
- Broke the school record on the platform at the Mizzou Invite (212.50)
- Placed in the top-10 in all Mizzou Invite events
- Finished eighth in the 1-meter finals (281.70)
- Collected 10th place in the 3-meter finals (259.55)
Previous recipients: Oct. 24 – Joey Weber, South Dakota State; Oct. 31 – Jake Ryor, Denver; Nov. 7 – Isaac Morris, South Dakota; Nov. 14 – Isaac Morris
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.