ELMHURST, Ill. – North Dakota State's Alex Renner was named The Summit League Men's Outdoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week, while teammate Alyssa Olin earned Women's Outdoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award for their performances during the week of April 4-10.
ALEX RENNER, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // Watertown, S.D.
- Earned his fourth career Summit League Outdoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award
- Won the shot put with a League leading mark of 63' 0.25" (19.21m), and placed second in the hammer throw with a distance of 204' 1" (62.21m) at the Husker Spring Invite
- His shot put mark ranks ninth in the nation and extends his own school record
Also nominated: Joshua Lee, Oral Roberts; Zack Anderson, South Dakota; Kyle Burdick, South Dakota State; Malachi Adams, Western Illinois
Previous Honorees: March 21 – Matti Mortimore, North Dakota Stata; Chris Nilsen, South Dakota; March 28 – Ryan Enerson, North Dakota State; April 4 – Matti Mortimore, North Dakota State
ALYSSA OLIN, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // Mott, N.D.
- Received her first career Summit League Outdoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week accolade
- Placed first in the javelin throw with a League leading distance of 169' 3" (51.60m) at the Husker Spring Invite
- Her javelin mark ranks 15th in the nation and is a new personal best
Also Nominated: Mercy Abire, Oral Roberts; Shanice Cannigan, South Dakota; Silvia Zanini, South Dakota State; Jasmine Brown, Western Illinois
Previous Honorees: March 21 – Katelyn Weimerskirch, North Dakota State; Danielle Waldner, South Dakota; March 28 – Rose Jackson, North Dakota State; April 4 – Emily Grove, South Dakota
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.