THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Tuesday, Nov. 25
Kansas City at Western Illinois 11 a.m.
Fort Wayne at Coastal Carolina 7 p.m.
SIU Edwardsville at IUPUI 7 p.m.
Colorado at Denver 7 p.m. (ROOT Sports)
Wednesday, Nov. 26
North Dakota at Omaha 2 p.m.
Oral Roberts at UALR 5 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 28
% Siena at Denver 2:30 p.m.
$ North Dakota State vs. Northeastern 3:30 p.m.
^ Oral Roberts vs. North Carolina A&T 5:30 p.m.
! IUPUI vs. Texas Southern 5:30 p.m.
Northern Colorado at Omaha 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 29
& South Dakota State vs. Northern Illinois 2:30 p.m.
North Dakota at Western Illinois 4:30 p.m.
% Akron/Belmont at Denver TBA
! IUPUI vs. Cal State Northridge/Montana State TBA
$ North Dakota State vs. Florida Atlantic/NJIT TBA
^ Oral Roberts vs. Austin Peay/Southern Mississippi TBA
Sunday, Nov. 30
South Dakota at Marquette 2 p.m.
& South Dakota State vs. Delaware State/UNLV TBA
Monday, Dec. 1
Peru State at Omaha 7 p.m.
% Denver Thanksgiving Tournament (Denver, Colo.)
$ Florida Atlantic Holiday Tournament (Boca Raton, Fla.)
^ Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic (Hattiesburg, Miss.)
! CSUN Tournament (Northridge, Calif.)
& Lady Rebel Round-Up (Las Vegas, Nev.)
All times local to site
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Tuesday, Nov. 18
Fort Wayne 90, Grace College 51
IUPUI 66, Eastern Illinois 44
Creighton 88, South Dakota State 81
Wednesday, Nov. 19
Western Michigan 74, North Dakota State 59
South Dakota 86, Portland State 57
Thursday, Nov. 20
Western Illinois 90, Chicago State 55
South Dakota 96, Washington 82
Friday, Nov. 21
Fort Wayne 77, Evansville 59
Oral Roberts 73, Tulsa 71
Omaha 89, Graceland 54
Wyoming 82, Denver 41
Saturday, Nov. 22
No. 18/20 DePaul 84, South Dakota State 62
Sunday, Nov. 23
Florida Atlantic 90, Western Illinois 88
No. 15/17 Michigan State 64, IUPUI 45
USC Upstate 85, Fort Wayne 73
Monday, Nov. 24
South Dakota State 60, Sam Houston State 49
Oral Roberts 70, Missouri State 57
South Dakota 96, UC Irvine 52
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Ashley Luke, F, Western Illinois
18.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.3 bpg,
24.0 mpg, 2.0 assist/turnover ratio
--Scored 1,000th career point vs. FAU
--41-straight games in double figures for points
--Seventh career honor
Selected in voting by coaches, SIDs and media
Rank School (1st-place votes) Pts.
1. South Dakota State (27) 513
2. South Dakota (4) 420
3. IUPUI 408
4. Western Illinois (1) 358
5. Denver 253
6. Fort Wayne 202
7. Oral Roberts 178
8. Omaha 165
9. North Dakota State 158
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Ashley Luke (F), Western Illinois
Brooke LeMar (G), North Dakota State
Ashley Luke (F), Western Illinois
Nevena Markovic (F/C), IUPUI
Nicole Seekamp (G), South Dakota
Haley Seibert (G), Fort Wayne
Megan Waytashek (G/F), South Dakota State
Paige Bradley (G), Denver
Raeshel Contreras (G), South Dakota
Tia Hemiller (G), South Dakota
Taijhe Kelly (C), Omaha
Michelle Maher (G), Western Illinois
2 Wins over nationally-ranked teams (2013-14), the third time in history with multiple in same season
4 Summit League teams in postseason play (2013-14), tying an all-time high
5 Postseason tournament wins in 2013-14, a new all-time single-season league record
10 RPI gain in the past five season (2010-14), second-best nationally
16 Final Sagarin RPI ranking, the highest since the 2005-06 season
100 Percent Graduation Success Rate (GSR), tied for national-best, in the latest NCAA data period (2007-14)
5,871 2014 league tournament semifinal session attendance, a new semifinal session record
NATIONAL THREE-POINT STREAK....
The Fort Wayne Mastodons have made a three-point field goal in 469 straight contests, a stretch that ended the season as the third-longest active streak in NCAA Division I.
Rank Team Streak Upcoming Game(s)
1. Iowa State 615 vs. Wyoming; at Saint Mary's
2. Sam Houston State 564 vs. USC; vs. SMU/Florida A&M
3. Fort Wayne 469 at Coastal Carolina
THIS AND THAT
• Since joining The Summit League, SDSU has a combined 173-64 (.730) overall record and 102-18 (.850) league mark.
• Western Illinois had an NCAA season-best 39 assists vs. Culver-Stockton.
• SDSU has been ranked in the Mid-Major Top 25 Poll 48 of the last 49 weeks.
• WIU's Ashley Luke was named one-of-10 Mid-Major players to watch this season by ESPNW.com.
• Three players have reached the 1,000 career point plateau this season: South Dakota's Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota State's Megan Waytashek and Western Illinois' Ashley Luke.
• DU became just the third No. 6 seed to reach the championship game.
• USD players have earned Tournament MVP honors the last two seasons.
• All 14 players on SDSU's roster hail from Minnesota or South Dakota.
• WIU's Ashley Luke was featured in the August edition of SLAM Magazine.
• Have had at least two Academic All-Americans for the last three years.
• Have had three NACDA I-AAA Scholar-Athletes of the Year.
• 100 percent graduation success rate (2007-14).
2013-14 POSTSEASON TOURNAMENT SUCCESS
• Record-tying four teams competed in postseason play.
• First year league teams participated in three postseason tournaments.
• Five-straight years at least three teams qualified for postseason play.
• Two league teams advanced for the first time in league history.
• SDSU became the first team in history to win four games.
• Teams went 5-4 (.556) in 2013-14, for highest win percentage in history.
• SDSU became second team to reach tournament semifinals (USD in 2013 WBI).
The Summit League sent a record-tying four teams to the postseason a year ago in South Dakota (NCAA), IUPUI (WNIT), South Dakota State (WNIT) and Fort Wayne (WBI). It was the fifth-straight year in which at least three teams earned postseason bids.
INSIDE THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Hosted by Tom Nieman, "Inside The Summit League" is a 30-minute weekly sports television magazine that includes highlights, news and features from The Summit League and its nine member institutions.
For listings in your area: thesummitleague.org/itsl
To watch online: thesummitleague.org/itsl/watch
Three-of-nine Summit League men's basketball teams, plus the league tournament, will open new or drastically renovated facilities over the next few seasons:
Summit '14-15 // UNO '15-16 // USD '15-16 // NDSU '16-17
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
The Summit League features the NCAA's most unique collection of one-of-a-kind nicknames among its member institutions. Within U.S. college athletics, three names are exclusively held by Summit League schools: Mastodons (Fort Wayne), Jackrabbits (South Dakota State) and Leathernecks (Western Illinois). In addition, the name Coyotes (South Dakota) is unique to NCAA Division I.