THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Thursday, Dec. 18
St. Mary (Kan.) at South Dakota 5 p.m.
IU-Southeast at IUPUI 7 p.m.
UALR at South Dakota State 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 19
$ Denver vs. Wright State 2:30 p.m.
North Dakota State at Cal State Fullerton 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 20
Omaha at Creighton Noon
$ Denver at Purdue 2:30 p.m.
Oral Roberts at Wisconsin 5 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 21
$ Denver vs. UC Irvine Noon
South Dakota State at Marist 1 p.m.
Evansville at IUPUI 2 p.m.
Western Illinois at Marquette 2 p.m.
North Dakota at South Dakota 2 p.m. (MidcoSN)
North Dakota State at Grand Canyon 3 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 22
Oakland at Fort Wayne 7 p.m.
$ BTI Invitational (West Lafayette, Ind.)
All times local to site
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Tuesday, Dec. 9
South Dakota 81, Valparaiso 62
Western Illinois 75, Bradley 63
Wednesday, Dec. 10
Indiana 80, Fort Wayne 37
Green Bay 77, South Dakota State 75
Thursday, Dec. 11
IUPUI 102, IU-Kokomo 44
UNI 56, North Dakota State 41
Omaha 80, Cal State Bakersfield 68
Colorado State 81, Denver 61
Friday, Dec. 12
Grand Canyon 54, Oral Roberts 51
Western Illinois 63, Eastern Illinois 54
Saturday, Dec. 13
23/20 West Virginia 82, Fort Wayne 48
Sunday, Dec. 14
Kansas State 53, Oral Roberts 47
New Mexico State 79, North Dakota State 59
SIU Edwardsville 69, Omaha 54
Missouri State 68, IUPUI 58
Monday, Dec. 15
Weber State 65, Denver 63
South Dakota State 65, Middle Tennessee 61
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Ashley Luke, Jr., F Western Illinois
22.0 ppg, 14.0 rpg, 2.5 apg, 2.5 bpg, 1.0 spg, 14 offensive rebounds, 54% FG, 82% FT
Selected in voting by coaches, SIDs and media
Rank School (1st-place votes) Pts.
1. South Dakota State (27) 513
2. South Dakota (4) 420
3. IUPUI 408
4. Western Illinois (1) 358
5. Denver 253
6. Fort Wayne 202
7. Oral Roberts 178
8. Omaha 165
9. North Dakota State 158
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Ashley Luke (F), Western Illinois
Brooke LeMar (G), North Dakota State
Ashley Luke (F), Western Illinois
Nevena Markovic (F/C), IUPUI
Nicole Seekamp (G), South Dakota
Haley Seibert (G), Fort Wayne
Megan Waytashek (G/F), South Dakota State
Paige Bradley (G), Denver
Raeshel Contreras (G), South Dakota
Tia Hemiller (G), South Dakota
Taijhe Kelly (C), Omaha
Michelle Maher (G), Western Illinois
.526 Winning percentage vs. traditional mid-majors this season
11 Three-point field goals made by IUPUI's Nicole Rogers (12/12) to set a new league record
19 Three-point field goals made by Denver (12/8 vs. Air Force), setting a new league record
27 Blocks by Oral Roberts' Vicky McIntyre on 11/29 vs. APSU, setting a new single-game league record
47 Consecutive games scoring in double figures for Western Illinois' Ashley Luke
54 Straight free throws made by Fort Wayne's Haley Seibert (Nov. 14-Dec. 10), ranking sixth in NCAA DI history
100 Percent Graduation Success Rate (GSR), tied for national-best, in the latest NCAA data period (2007-14)
NEW SINGLE-GAME LEAGUE RECORDS
Three new Summit League single-game records have been set this season:
• Oral Roberts' Vicky McIntyre grabbed 27 rebounds vs. APSU on Nov. 29
• IUPUI's Nicole Rogers made 10 3-point field goals vs. IU-Kokomo on 12/11
• As a team, Denver connected on 19 3-pointers on Dec. 8 vs. Air Force
DEFEATING THE BEST OF THE RPI
South Dakota State has defeated a pair of Top-10 RPI teams this season in No. 1 Arkansas (Dec. 4) and No. 9 Middle Tennessee (Dec. 15). MTSU was also ranked No. 1 in schedule strength on Dec. 15.
1,000 CAREER POINT SCORERS
Five league players have reached the 1,000 career point plateau thus far this season. They include:
• Haley Seibert, Fort Wayne
• Morgan Van Riper-Rose, Denver
• Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota
• Megan Waytashek, South Dakota State
• Ashley Luke, Western Illinois
THIS AND THAT
• Since joining The Summit League, SDSU has a combined 178-65 (.733) overall record and 102-18 (.850) league mark.
• SDSU has been ranked in the Mid-Major Top 25 Poll 51 of the last 52 weeks.
• North Dakota State (Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic) and South Dakota State (Lady Rebel Round-Up) earned tournament titles this season.
• IUPUI's Shaquira Scott, NDSU's Marena Whittle and Brooke LeMar and SDSU's Mariah Clarin (MVP) have earned all-tournament team nods this year.
MEASURING UP AGAINST ITS PEERS
• Owns a .498 winning percentage vs. mid-majors since '11
• .500+ winning percentage vs. mid-majors 2 out of the last 3 years
NATIONAL THREE-POINT STREAK....
The Fort Wayne Mastodons have made a three-point field goal in 475 straight contests, a stretch that ended the season as the third-longest active streak in NCAA Division I.
Rank Team Streak Upcoming Game(s)
1. Iowa State 620 vs. Fairfield
2. Sam Houston State 568 vs. Prairie View A&M; at TCU
3. Fort Wayne 475 vs. Oakland
• DU became just the third No. 6 seed to reach the championship game.
• USD players have earned Tournament MVP honors the last two seasons.
• All 14 players on SDSU's roster hail from Minnesota or South Dakota.
• WIU's Ashley Luke was featured in the August edition of SLAM Magazine.
• WIU's Ashley Luke was named one-of-10 Mid-Major players to watch this season by ESPNW.com.
• Nation's 4th-best home attendance improvement (+9) since 2009-10
• Recorded a .484 (62-66) non-league win percentage, 2nd-best on record
• Nation's 4th-best D-I win percentage improvement (+9) since 2009-10
• Finished '14 at No. 16 in the Sagarin Ratings, the highest since 2005-06
• First run of three consecutive top-21 league RPI finishes since 2001-04
• All-time year-end high in Mid-Major Top 25 poll (No. 9 SDSU) in '13-14
• IUPUI (No. 24) reached an all-time high in Mid-Major Top 25 in '13-14
• Nation's 2nd-best RPI ranking improvement (+10) since 2009-10
• 3-straight top-21 RPI finishes for the first time since 2001-04
• Finished '13-14 season with 2 teams ranked in top-120 (No. 42 SDSU)
• Top-5 overall league tournament attendance figures all came since '09
• Top-5 women's championship game attendance figures all came since '09
• Set a new tournament semifinal session attendance record (5,871) in '14
• Playing league-record 7th consecutive tourney in Sioux Falls in '15
• Moving into new 12,000-seat, $115 million venue for '15 tourney
The Summit League sent a record-tying four teams to the postseason a year ago in South Dakota (NCAA), IUPUI (WNIT), South Dakota State (WNIT) and Fort Wayne (WBI). It was the fifth-straight year in which at least three teams earned postseason bids.
INSIDE THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Hosted by Tom Nieman, "Inside The Summit League" is a 30-minute weekly sports television magazine that includes highlights, news and features from The Summit League and its nine member institutions.
For listings in your area: thesummitleague.org/itsl
To watch online: thesummitleague.org/itsl/watch
Three-of-nine Summit League men's basketball teams, plus the league tournament, will open new or drastically renovated facilities over the next few seasons:
Summit '14-15 // UNO '15-16 // USD '15-16 // NDSU '16-17
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
The Summit League features the NCAA's most unique collection of one-of-a-kind nicknames among its member institutions. Within U.S. college athletics, three names are exclusively held by Summit League schools: Mastodons (Fort Wayne), Jackrabbits (South Dakota State) and Leathernecks (Western Illinois). In addition, the name Coyotes (South Dakota) is unique to NCAA Division I.