THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Wednesday, Feb. 11
* IUPUI at Fort Wayne 7 p.m.
* North Dakota State at Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
* South Dakota State at Denver 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 12
* Omaha at South Dakota 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 13
* South Dakota State at Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 14
* Fort Wayne at Denver 1 p.m.
* Omaha at North Dakota State 2 p.m.
* Western Illinois at IUPUI 3 p.m.
* Summit League game
All times local to site
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Wednesday, Feb. 4
* Oral Roberts 66, Omaha 52
* IUPUI 68, Denver 64
Friday, Feb. 6
* Western Illinois 66, North Dakota State 60
* South Dakota 91, Fort Wayne 80
Saturday, Feb. 7
* Oral Roberts 65, Denver 44
Sunday, Feb. 8
* South Dakota 83, North Dakota State 79
* Omaha 54, Western Illinois 51
* South Dakota State 89, Fort Wayne 68
* Summit League game
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Vicky McIntyre, Sr., C, Oral Roberts
29.5 ppg, 20.5 rpg, 3.5 bpg, 60% FG, broke ORU and Summit League single-season rebound record
11 Three-point field goals made by IUPUI's Nicole Rogers (12/12) to set a new league record
19 Three-point field goals made by Denver (12/8 vs. Air Force), setting a new league record
27 Blocks by Oral Roberts' Vicky McIntyre on 11/29 vs. APSU, setting a new single-game league record
54 Straight free throws made by Fort Wayne's Haley Seibert (Nov. 14-Dec. 10), ranking sixth in NCAA DI history
61 Consecutive games scoring in double figures for Western Illinois' Ashley Luke
377 Current rebounds for ORU's Vicky McIntyre this season, setting a new league single-season record
100 Percent Graduation Success Rate (GSR), tied for national-best, in the latest NCAA data period (2007-14)
NEW LEAGUE RECORDS
Three new Summit League single-game records have been set this season:
• Oral Roberts' Vicky McIntyre grabbed 27 rebounds vs. APSU on Nov. 29
• IUPUI's Nicole Rogers made 10 3-point field goals vs. IU-Kokomo on 12/11
• As a team, Denver connected on 19 3-pointers on Dec. 8 vs. Air Force
In addition to the three single-game records, a new single-season record was set
• Oral Roberts' Vicky McIntyre currently has 377 rebounds, which breaks former Western Illinois player Oberon Pitterson's 362 in 1993-94.
DEFEATING THE BEST OF THE RPI
South Dakota State has defeated a pair of Top-10 RPI teams this season in No. 1 Arkansas (Dec. 4) and No. 9 Middle Tennessee (Dec. 15). MTSU was also ranked No. 1 in schedule strength on Dec. 15.
1,000 CAREER POINT SCORERS
Seven league players have reached the 1,000 career point plateau thus far this season. They include:
• Haley Seibert, Fort Wayne
• Morgan Van Riper-Rose, Denver
• Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota
• Megan Waytashek, South Dakota State
• Ashley Luke, Western Illinois
• Brooke LeMar, North Dakota State
• Nevena Markovic, IUPUI
THIS AND THAT
• Since joining The Summit League, SDSU has a combined 187-69 (.730) overall record and 109-21 (.838) league mark.
• SDSU has been ranked in the Mid-Major Top 25 Poll 59 of the last 60 weeks.
• North Dakota State (Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic) and South Dakota State (Lady Rebel Round-Up) earned tournament titles this season.
• Denver's Morgan Van Riper-Rose, IUPUI's Shaquira Scott, NDSU's Marena Whittle and Brooke LeMar and SDSU's Mariah Clarin (MVP) have earned all-tournament team nods this year.
MEASURING UP AGAINST ITS PEERS
• Owns a .498 winning percentage vs. traditional mid-majors since '11
• .500+ winning percentage vs. mid-majors 2 out of the last 3 years
NATIONAL THREE-POINT STREAK....
The Fort Wayne Mastodons have made a three-point field goal in 489 straight contests, a stretch that is currently the second-longest active streak in NCAA Division I.
Rank Team Streak Upcoming Game(s)
1. Iowa State 634 at Texas Tech; at Oklahoma State
2. Fort Wayne 489 vs. IUPUI; at Denver
• DU became just the third No. 6 seed to reach the championship game.
• USD players have earned Tournament MVP honors the last two seasons.
• All 14 players on SDSU's roster hail from Minnesota or South Dakota.
• WIU's Ashley Luke was featured in the August edition of SLAM Magazine.
• WIU's Ashley Luke was named one-of-10 Mid-Major players to watch this season by ESPNW.com.
• Nation's 4th-best home attendance improvement (+9) since 2009-10
• Recorded a .484 (62-66) non-league win percentage, 2nd-best on record
• Nation's 4th-best D-I win percentage improvement (+9) since 2009-10
• Finished '14 at No. 16 in the Sagarin Ratings, the highest since 2005-06
• First run of three consecutive top-21 league RPI finishes since 2001-04
• All-time year-end high in Mid-Major Top 25 poll (No. 9 SDSU) in '13-14
• IUPUI (No. 24) reached an all-time high in Mid-Major Top 25 in '13-14
• Nation's 2nd-best RPI ranking improvement (+10) since 2009-10
• 3-straight top-21 RPI finishes for the first time since 2001-04
• Finished '13-14 season with 2 teams ranked in top-120 (No. 42 SDSU)
• Top-5 overall league tournament attendance figures all came since '09
• Top-5 women's championship game attendance figures all came since '09
• Set a new tournament semifinal session attendance record (5,871) in '14
• Playing league-record 7th consecutive tourney in Sioux Falls in '15
• Moving into new 12,000-seat, $115 million venue for '15 tourney
The Summit League's Food Fight is in its seventh season and each institution has again designated a home game to collect food and/or cash donations. During the first six years, over 139,000 tons was raised. South Dakota State is the two-time defending champion for annual collections. The event will extend to The Summit League Tournament for the fifth-straight year.
Selected in voting by coaches, SIDs and media
Rank School (1st-place votes) Pts.
1. South Dakota State (27) 513
2. South Dakota (4) 420
3. IUPUI 408
4. Western Illinois (1) 358
5. Denver 253
6. Fort Wayne 202
7. Oral Roberts 178
8. Omaha 165
9. North Dakota State 158
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Ashley Luke (F), Western Illinois
Brooke LeMar (G), North Dakota State
Ashley Luke (F), Western Illinois
Nevena Markovic (F/C), IUPUI
Nicole Seekamp (G), South Dakota
Haley Seibert (G), Fort Wayne
Megan Waytashek (G/F), South Dakota State
Paige Bradley (G), Denver
Raeshel Contreras (G), South Dakota
Tia Hemiller (G), South Dakota
Taijhe Kelly (C), Omaha
Michelle Maher (G), Western Illinois
INSIDE THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Hosted by Tom Nieman, "Inside The Summit League" is a 30-minute weekly sports television magazine that includes highlights, news and features from The Summit League and its nine member institutions.
For listings in your area: thesummitleague.org/itsl
To watch online: thesummitleague.org/itsl/watch
Three-of-nine Summit League men's basketball teams, plus the league tournament, will open new or drastically renovated facilities over the next few seasons:
Summit '14-15 // UNO '15-16 // USD '15-16 // NDSU '16-17
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
The Summit League features the NCAA's most unique collection of one-of-a-kind nicknames among its member institutions. Within U.S. college athletics, three names are exclusively held by Summit League schools: Mastodons (Fort Wayne), Jackrabbits (South Dakota State) and Leathernecks (Western Illinois). In addition, the name Coyotes (South Dakota) is unique to NCAA Division I.