ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota State junior guard Macy Miller was named Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week for her performances, Dec. 4-10.
Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Jr. // G // Mitchell, S.D.
- Collected her sixth career Player of the Week award and second this season
- Led South Dakota State to a pair of wins over Top-100 RPI opponents last week
- Scored a game-high 17 points with six rebounds in the win over Oklahoma (RPI 62)
- Registered her fourth 20-plus point performance (22 points) of the season vs. Bowling Green (RPI 98) along with a season and game-high nine rebounds
- For the week, averaged 19.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and just one turnover per game, while shooting 50 percent (13-of-26) from the field and three-point range (3-of-6) and 83 percent at the foul line (10-of-12)
Also nominated: De'Jour Young, Fort Wayne; Reilly Jacobson, North Dakota State; Amber Vidal, Omaha; Maria Martianez, Oral Roberts; Allison Arens, South Dakota; Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Nov. 13 – Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Nov. 20 – Allison Arens, South Dakota; Nov. 27 – Courtney Vaccher, Omaha/Madison Guebert, South Dakota State; Dec. 4 – Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League raised its RPI for the third consecutive year, finishing with an all-time best No. 11 ranking. The Summit League has sent at least three teams to the postseason nine straight years with three postseason tournament semifinal appearances the last four years, while recording the nation's best Division I winning percentage improvement since 2009-10. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships annually ranks as one of the most attended Division I conference tournaments. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.