By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota sophomore center Hannah Sjerven has been named The Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 13.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 5.5 blocks in the Coyotes two wins last week.
Sjerven and the Yotes went 2-0 last week to improve their league-best record to 9-1. Sjerven has helped guide USD to their best start since the 2008-09 season, including the programs first win against a team ranked in the AP Top 25.
Player of the Week
Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota
So. | Center | Rogers, Minn.
• Sjerven averaged 13.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 5.5 blocks per game in the Coyotes two wins last week
• Posted an impressive stat line of 17 points, seven blocks and seven rebounds at Missouri State
• Added four blocks to her weekly total of 11 in a win against Bellevue
• She is the only Summit League women's basketball athlete this season to record at least five blocks in a game
• She leads the Summit League in blocked shots (19) and ranks 29th nationally
• This is Sjerven's first career player of the week honor
Also nominated: Jaelencia Williams, Purdue Fort Wayne; Madison Guebert, South Dakota State; Marina Fernandez, North Dakota State; Madison Nelson, Denver
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Nov. 26: Madison Nelson, Denver
Dec. 3: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Dec. 10: Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota