By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – The first Summit League Player of the Week award of 2019 goes to Denver's Lauren Loven who helped guide the Pioneers to the top of the Summit League standings with a perfect 2-0 week against League opponents.
Loven led the Pioneers to wins over South Dakota and North Dakota last week to improve the Pios' record to 3-1 in league play. Loven scored a career-high 32-points in Denver's upset victory over South Dakota to end the Yotes' 15-game Summit League win streak. She followed up her career game with an impressive 24-points against UND.
Player of the Week
Lauren Loven, Denver
Jr. | Guard | Scottsdale, Ariz.
• Averaged 28-points in the Pioneers two Summit League wins
• She shot 71 percent from the field, 67 percent from behind the arc and 100 percent from the free-throw line
• Grabbed three boards, dished out four assists, added three steals and two blocks
• She leads the NCAA in made three's (72) and ranks second on 3-point field goal percentage (51.8 percent) and 13th in total points scored (289)
• This is Loven's first player of the week honor of the season and the second of her career
Also nominated: Sierra Bell, Purdue Fort Wayne; Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Jill Morton, North Dakota; Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Nov. 26: Madison Nelson, Denver
Dec. 3: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Dec. 10: Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota
Dec. 17: Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
Dec. 22: Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Dec. 31: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Jan. 7: Lauren Loven, Denver