ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver's Maureen Slattery was named Summit League Women's Tennis Player of the Week for her performance April 4-10.
MAUREEN SLATTERY, DENVER
Sr. // Newport News, Va.
- Received her sixth career Player of the Week honor and second of the season
- Notched straight-set victories in each of her two singles matches and added a pair of doubles triumphs while leading team to league wins over IUPUI and South Dakota
- Blanked IUPUI's Sara Sherif (0 and 0) at No. 2 singles and topped USD's Ellie Burns at the No. 1 position (1 and 2)
- Teamed for a 6-1 victory over IUPUI's tandem of Sherif and Mayer and a 6-2 win over USD's duo of Nylund and Bondarenko
- Improved her season singles record to 12-3 and doubles mark to 15-2
Also nominated: Samantha Mayer, IUPUI; Ellie Burns, South Dakota; Laura Ballesteros, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Jan. 24 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Jan. 31 – Michelle Lo, Omaha; Feb. 7 – Bianca Mok, Denver; Feb. 14 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 21 – Laura Romero, South Dakota State; Feb. 28 – Barbora Kollarova, South Dakota; March 7 – Maureen Slattery, Denver; March 14 – Ellie Burns, South Dakota; March 21 – Ellie Burns, South Dakota; March 28 – Petya Simeonova, Oral Roberts; April 4 – Natalia Bravo, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.