ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver's Bianca Mok was named Summit League Women's Tennis Player of the Week for her performance Jan. 30-Feb. 5.
BIANCA MOK, DENVER
Jr. // Boise, ID
- Earned her fifth career Player of the Week award and first of the current season
- Posted 2-0 records in both singles and doubles action during the week
- Recorded straight-set victories over Fresno State's Katerina Stloukalova (2 and 1) and No. 24 Washington's Miki Kobayashi (2 and 1) at No. 2 singles
- Teamed for a 6-1 victory at No. 1 doubles over FSU and 6-2 over UW
- Owns a 3-0 singles record and 2-1 doubles mark this season
Also nominated: Marie Kapelevich, Omaha; Barbora Kollarova, South Dakota; Natalia Bravo, Western Illinois
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota; Jan. 30 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.