ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver's Julia O'Loughlin was named Summit League Women's Tennis Player of the Week for her performance Feb. 6-12.
JULIA O'LOUGHLIN, DENVER
Sr. // Highland Beach, Fla.
- Collected her seventh career Player of the Week award and second this season
- Posted 2-0 records at both No.1 singles and No. 1 doubles action during the week
- Defeated Utah State's Sasha Pisareva, 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (11-9) and Boise State's Anja Dokic (2 and 2)
- Teamed for a 6-0 doubles win over Utah State and a 7-5 triumph over Boise State
- Owns a 5-1 singles record and 4-1 doubles mark this season
- Currently ranked No. 47 in singles and No. 48 in doubles (with Camille Verden-Anderson) by ITA
Also nominated: Barbora Kollarova, South Dakota
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota; Jan. 30 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 6 – Bianca Mok, Denver
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.