ELMHURST, Ill. – South Dakota's Jana Lazarevic was named Summit League Women's Tennis Player of the Week for her performance March 13-19.
JANA LAZAREVIC, SOUTH DAKOTA
Fr. // Belgrae, Serbia
- Earned the second Player of the Week honor of her career
- Went 2-0 at No. 1 singles and 2-0 at No. 1 doubles in a pair of league matches during the week
- Topped Oral Roberts' Gorana Kadijevic (6-4, 4-6, 6-4) and Western Illinois' Natalia Bravo (2 and 4) at No. 1 singles
- Teamed for a 6-1 win over ORU and a 6-2 triumph against WIU at No. 1 doubles
- Helped USD to a pair of league victories
- Improved to 8-7 in singles matches and 7-9 in doubles this season
Also nominated: Janelle Wilson, Omaha; Daria Yakovleva, South Dakota State
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota; Jan. 30 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 6 – Bianca Mok, Denver; Feb. 13 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 20 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 27 - Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; March 6 – Marie Kapelevich, Omaha; March 13 – Michelle Lo, Omaha
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.