ELMHURST, Ill. – Denver's Julia O'Loughlin was named Summit League Women's Tennis Player of the Week for her performance April 10-16.
JULIA O'LOUGHLIN, DENVER
Sr. // Highland Beach, Fla.
- Tied a league record with her fifth Player of the Week award of the season
- Her 10th career honor ties for second on the all-time list
- Recorded a pair of victories at No. 1 singles and added a win at No. 1 doubles
- Defeated Omaha's Michelle Lo (2 and 0) in team's 7-0 victory
- Bested South Dakota's Jana Lazarevic (7-5, 6-2) and teamed for 6-0 doubles win in team's 7-0 triumph
- Owns a 13-3 singles record and 8-3 doubles mark this season
- Ranked as nation's No. 55 singles player and as part of No. 24 doubles tandem by ITA
Also nominated: Michelle Lo, Omaha; Barbora Kollarova, South Dakota
Previous recipients: Jan. 23 – Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota; Jan. 30 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 6 – Bianca Mok, Denver; Feb. 13 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 20 – Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; Feb. 27 - Julia O'Loughlin, Denver; March 6 – Marie Kapelevich, Omaha; March 13 – Michelle Lo, Omaha; March 20 – Jana Lazarevic, South Dakota; March 27 – Barbora Kollarova, South Dakota; April 3 – Hada Chang, Denver; April 10 – Janelle Wilson, Omaha
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.