MEN: Team Bracket // NCAA Web Page // Host Web Page
WOMEN: Team Bracket // NCAA Web Page // Host Web Page
ELMHURST, Ill. – Summit League tennis champions, Drake (men) and Denver (women), begin NCAA Tournament action this weekend. Drake (19-13) travels to Champaign, Ill., to meet 19th-ranked Vanderbilt on Saturday, May 12 at noon CT. Denver (19-4) faces Kansas in Malibu, Calif., on Friday, May 11 at 10 a.m. PT.
The Bulldogs are playing in their second straight NCAA Men's Tournament and their first as a member of The Summit League. A win would advance Drake to a second round matchup on Sunday at 2 p.m. CT against host Illinois, ranked ninth nationally, or Marquette.
Denver represents The Summit League in the NCAA Women's Tournament for the fifth consecutive season. A Pioneers victory would result in a matchup against either host Pepperdine, ranked 12th nationally, or Idaho on Saturday at noon PT.
Five Things to Know ahead of the NCAA Tennis Championships:
1) Last season, Denver posted The Summit League's first NCAA Women's Tennis victory with a 4-2 upset over USC.
2) Denver's Julia O'Loughlin is No. 62 in the ITA singles rankings and was selected to the NCAA singles championship later this month. O'Loughlin and Summit League Player of the Year Bianca Mok are No. 30 in the ITA doubles rankings and will compete in the NCAA doubles championship.
3) The Pioneers have an active 14-match win streak, equaling the fourth-best run in Summit League history.
4) Drake enters the NCAA Tournament riding a seven-match win streak. The Bulldogs defeated Oral Roberts (4-0) and Valparaiso (4-1) to claim The Summit League Tournament in their first season.
5) The Bulldogs won NCAA matches in both 2013 and 2015. A win this season would mark the first by a Summit League men's team.
#SummitMTN // #SummitWTN