ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts outfielder Noah Cummings was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while Fort Wayne starting pitcher Shane Odzark earned the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances March 26 – April 1.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Noah Cummings, Oral Roberts
Sr. // OF // Alpine, Calif.
- Collected his fourth career Player of the Week award and first this season
- Had a hit in all four games as Oral Roberts went 3-1 on the week, including a series sweep of North Dakota State
- Went 2-for-4 in the series opener vs. the Bison with a go-ahead, three-run homer in the third inning
- Ended game one with a double play as he threw out a runner back at first base for his third outfield assist of the season
- For the week, batted .400 (6-for-15) with six RBI, four runs, two doubles, one home run and one stolen base
- Had a .733 slugging percentage and .471 on-base percentage
- Leads the league in home runs (5) and RBI (29)
Also nominated: Shannon Baker, Fort Wayne; Thomas DeBonville, Omaha; Newt Johnson, South Dakota State; Caleb Jacobs, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Logan Busch, North Dakota State; March 5 – Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State; March 12 – Riley Keizor, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Braden Rogers, Omaha; March 26 – Thomas DeBonville, Omaha
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Shane Odzark, Fort Wayne
Jr. // RHP // Algonac, Mich.
- Earned his first career Pitcher of the Week honor
- Went the distance in Sunday's 6-1 win over Western Illinois
- Recorded six strikeouts against two walks and allowed five hits and one earned run
- Tossed the first complete game by a Mastodon pitcher since 2016 and secured his first collegiate victory
Also nominated: Cal Hehnke, Omaha; Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts; Tyler Olmstead, South Dakota State; Ryan Dunne, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; March 5 – Payton Kinney, Omaha; March 12 – Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Spencer Koelewyn, Omaha/Ryan Dunne, Western Illinois; March 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.