Score: No. 3 Oral Roberts 71, No. 6 North Dakota State 58
Records: Oral Roberts (16-14), North Dakota State (11-18)
Location: Denny Sanford PREMIER Center - Sioux Falls, S.D.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Vicky McIntyre led Oral Roberts to a 71-58 victory over North Dakota State in the final quarterfinal round game of the 2015 Summit League women's basketball tournament Sunday afternoon.
McIntyre, a 6-foot-7 senior, finished with 18 points, 19 rebounds, a team-high four assists and two blocks as the third seed Golden Eagles improved to 16-14 for the season. She had a double-double by halftime with 10 points, 10 rebounds helping ORU to a 37-26 lead at the break.
Faith Ihim added 14 points and Dorottya Balla contributed 11 as ORU advances to Monday's semifinal game against South Dakota State (2:30 p.m.).
NDSU led early in the game taking a 9-6 advantage on a layup by Marena Whittle. ORU took charge hitting seven straight field goal attempts, and gained the lead for good (10-9) on a basket by Tysia Manuel with 13:25 to play.
ORU shot 41 percent (25-61) and had a 51-38 advantage on the boards. NDSU shot 35 percent (23-66) after making just 5 of its first 21 attempts.
The Bison end the season with an 11-18 record.
The game saw six lead changes in the six and a half minutes of play. North Dakota State held a 9-6 lead at the 14:15 mark before Oral Roberts went on a 19-5 run over the next 6:41.
The Golden Eagles would never relinquish their lead en route to a 13-point victory and a date in the semifinal round.
Inside The Box Score
- Vicky McIntyre had a double-double at halftime and ended up with 18 points and 19 rebounds.
- Brooke LeMar led the Bison with a game-high 29 points and played all 40 minutes.
- Marena Whittle (12) and Liz Keena (11) each had double-figure rebounds.
- ORU out-rebounded NDSU 51-38 and out-scored the Bison in the paint 36-22.
News & Notes
- Today's contest marked the first-ever meeting between the two schools in the league tournament.
- Oral Roberts' Vicky McIntyre added to her Summit League single-season rebound record, which now stands at 468.
- McIntyre's 19 rebounds are second-most in league tournament history.
- NDSU falls to 1-7 all-time in league tournament history.
- Brooke LeMar scored her 1,000th career point as a member of the Bison. She eclipsed the 1,000 career point mark on Jan. 15 after transferring from Southern Illinois.
- The No. 3 seed improves to 17-5 all-time in Summit League Tournament quarterfinal games.
- Attendance for Sunday's session was 2,594, which brings the women's quarterfinal total to 10,765, a new Summit League record.
Oral Roberts advances to the semifinals and will face second-seeded South Dakota State Monday afternoon. The semifinal game is scheduled for a 2:30 p.m. CT tip-off and will be televised regionally on Midco Sports Network and nationally on ESPN3.