ELMHURST, Ill. – Omaha junior center Courtney Vaccher and South Dakota State junior guard Madison Guebert were named Summit League Women's Basketball Players of the Week for their performances, Nov. 20-26.
Courtney Vaccher, Omaha
Jr. // C // Yorba Linda, Calif.
- Captured her first career Player of the Week award
- Scored 15 points with 11 rebounds, three blocks and two steals in the three-point road win at USC Upstate
- Grabbed 13 rebounds in the win at Wofford along with 10 points and two assists
- For the week, averaged 12.5 points, 12.0 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.5 blocks and 1.0 turnovers per contest while shooting 81.8 percent (9-of-11) from the field and 100 percent (7-of-7) at the line
- Leads the league in field goal percentage (.645) and helped Omaha to a four-game win streak
Madison Guebert, South Dakota State
Jr. // G // Apple Valley, Minn.
- Earned her second career Player of the Week honor and first this season
- Hit the game-winning three-pointer as time expired to give the Jackrabbits a 71-70 win over Charlotte in the Puerto Rico Clasico
- Scored 20 points with three assists vs. the 49ers
- Also added 20 points and three assists in SDSU's upset victory over No. 23 North Carolina State the previous night
- For the week, averaged 20.0 points, 3.0 assists, 1.5 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game, while shooting 42.9 percent (12-of-28) from the field, 42.1 percent (8-of-19) from downtown and a perfect 8-of-8 at the free throw line
Also nominated: De'Jour Young, Fort Wayne; Reilly Jacobson, North Dakota State; Faith Ihim, Oral Roberts; Jaycee Bradley, South Dakota; Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Nov. 13 – Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Nov. 20 – Allison Arens, South Dakota
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League raised its RPI for the third consecutive year, finishing with an all-time best No. 11 ranking. The Summit League has sent at least three teams to the postseason nine straight years with three postseason tournament semifinal appearances the last four years, while recording the nation's best Division I winning percentage improvement since 2009-10. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships annually ranks as one of the most attended Division I conference tournaments. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.