By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota State senior guard Macy Miller has been named The Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging over 20-pointer per game and helping lead her squad to two important non-conference wins.
Miller helped the Jackrabbits defeat No. 3 Central Michigan and Creighton last week to improve their team record to 3-1 on the season. Miller led SDSU in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals while moving into the top 10 of The Summit League career scoring list.
Player of the Week
Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Sr. | Guard | Mitchell, S.D.
• Helped lead SDSU to a 2-0 record with wins against No. 3 Central Michigan, mid-major top 25, and Creighton
• Earned her first double-double of the season against Creighton, sixth of her career, with 23 points and 10 rebounds
• She led the Jackrabbits in scoring, rebounds, assists and steals in their two wins
• Moved into 10th on the Summit League career scoring list with 1,795 career points. She currently ranks seventh on the Division 1 active career leaders list
• This is Miller's 10th career player of the week honor
Also nominated: Claire Gritt, Denver; Hannah Albrecht, Purdue Fort Wayne; Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota; Lexi Klabo, North Dakota; Michelle Gaislerova, North Dakota State
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State