By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – North Dakota senior forward Lexi Klabo has been named The Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 30 points and 12 rebounds in the Fighting Hawks two games last week.
Klabo and the Fighting Hawks, amid seven straight road games to open the season, went 1-1 last week against two Atlantic 10 teams. Klabo led North Dakota in scoring, as she has done in every game this season, while also leading the team in rebounding in five straight games. In the Fighting Hawks two games, Klabo became the first Summit League student-athlete to score at least 30-points in back-to-back games since the 2014-15 season. Her double-doubles against Rhode Island and UMass give her four on the year, the most in the Summit League.
Player of the Week
Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Sr. | Forward | Fargo, N.D.
• Klabo averaged 30-points and 12 rebounds in the Fighting Hawks two games last week
• She recorded a pair of double-doubles on back-to-back nights and now has earned four consecutive double-doubles
• Became the first Summit League Women's Basketball player with back-to-back 30-point games since Oral Robert's Vicky McIntyre did it in 2014-15
• Became first UND player since 2004-05 to score 30 on back-to-back nights with 30 at Rhode Island and 30 at UMass
• First North Dakota player to register two 30+points games in a season since 2008-09
• Klabo has led UND in scoring in every game and has paced UND in rebounds in each of the last five
• She leads the Summit League in scoring at 22.3 points per game and is second in rebounding at 10.0 boards per game
• This is Klabo's first career Summit League Player of the Week honor and second overall honor. She was named the Big Sky Player of the Week on Nov. 20 of last year
Also nominated: Myah Selland, South Dakota State; Allison Arens, South Dakota; Madison Nelson, Denver; Michelle Gaislerova, North Dakota State; De'Jour Young, Purdue Fort Wayne; Olivia Kaufmann, Western Illinois; Rayanna Carter, Omaha
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Nov. 26: Madison Nelson, Denver
Dec. 3: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota