By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – For the second straight week a South Dakota Coyote grabbed The Summit League Player of the Week honor. The Yotes junior guard Ciara Duffy earned the award after leading her squad to an upset win on the road against No. 22 Missouri.
Duffy and the Yotes became the first Summit League squad to reach double-digit wins in their lone contest last week. Duffy scored a game-high 20 points against the SEC's Missouri Tigers. She had a stellar all-around performance with four rebounds and three assists while also going 5-for-5 from the free throw line. With their win over Missouri, USD became the first Summit League program to defeat two top 25 ranked opponents in the same regular season.
Player of the Week
Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
Jr. | Guard | Rapid City, S.D.
• Duffy scored 20 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out three assists while not committing a turnover in the Coyotes upset win at No. 22 Mizzou
• She was perfect from the charity stripe going 5-for-5
• She reached the 20-point mark for the fourth time this season
• Duffy helped lead the Yotes to their second win over an AP Top 25 ranked team this season
• This is Duffy's third career player of the week honor and first of the season
Also nominated: Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Samantha Romanowski, Denver; De'Jour Young, Purdue Fort Wayne; Maya Mayberry, Oral Roberts; Julia Fleecs, North Dakota
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Nov. 26: Madison Nelson, Denver
Dec. 3: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Dec. 10: Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota
Dec. 17: Ciara Duffy, South Dakota