By: Kelly Shipp
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Western Illinois junior guard Olivia Kaufmann has been named The Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week after averaging 15-points and 8.5 assists in the Leathernecks two wins last week.
Kaufmann and the Leathernecks went 2-0 last week, improving their conference record to 4-3 and now sit in fourth-place in the league standings. Kaufmann led her Western Illinois squad by doing a little bit of everything. In two games she filled up the stat sheet with 15-points, 8.5 assists, six steals and 5.5 rebounds.
Player of the Week
Olivia Kaufmann, Western Illinois
Jr. | Guard | Jacksonville, Ill.
• Nearly averaged a weekend double-double with 15-points and 8.5 assists
• Also averaged six steals and 5.5 rebounds in the Leathernecks two wins
• Posted a season-high nine assists against Omaha and followed that up with another eight assists against Purdue Fort Wayne. She ranks second in assists during Summit League action
• Scored 17 and 13 points in their two contests. Kaufmann has now scored in double figures in each of her last 15 games
• This is Kaufmann's first career player of the week honor
Also nominated: Macy Miller, South Dakota State; Madison Nelson, Denver; De'Jour Young, Purdue Fort Wayne; Michelle Gaislerova, North Dakota State; Kalen Phillips, Omaha; Allison Arens, South Dakota
2018-19 Summit League Players of the Week
Nov. 12: Taylor Frederick, South Dakota
Nov. 19: Macy Miller, South Dakota State
Nov. 26: Madison Nelson, Denver
Dec. 3: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Dec. 10: Hannah Sjerven, South Dakota
Dec. 17: Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
Dec. 22: Taylor Higginbotham, Western Illinois
Dec. 31: Lexi Klabo, North Dakota
Jan. 7: Lauren Loven, Denver
Jan. 14: Myah Selland, South Dakota State
Jan. 21: Olivia Kaufmann, Western Illinois