SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota's Ciara Duffy was named The Summit League Player of the Week by league officials following a duo of Coyote victories during the opening week of the women's college basketball season.
Duffy paced all five starters in double-figures with 22 points on 7-of-12 shooting in the Coyotes 80-76 win at Northeastern on opening day. In addition to her 22 points, she added five rebounds and five assists to her stat line.
She followed up her performance against Northeastern with a near triple-double in South Dakota's 66-60 victory at Green Bay. She notched 23 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists for her third career double-double. Duffy's 23 points against Green Bay moved her to 10th on USD's career scoring list with 1,306 points.
Ciara Duffy, South Dakota
Sr | G | Rapid City, S.D.
- Notched her fourth career player of the week accolade
- Registered her third career double-double against Green Bay, nearly missing a triple-double (22 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists)
- Tallied 22 points, five rebounds and five assists in the opener at Northeastern
- Averaged 22.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists in a pair of season-opening wins on the road
- Moved into 10th place on USD's career scoring list with 1,306 points
Also nominated: Riley Ott (Purdue Fort Wayne), Uju Ezeudu (Denver), Paiton Burckhard (South Dakota State), Jaclyn Jarnot (North Dakota)