By: Aubrie Laufenberg
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Oral Roberts' Tyler Arrington and Jessica Romero take home The Summit League Cross Country Male and Female Athlete of the Week accolades, respectively, after their performances this past weekend. These are the first weekly awards for both Arrington and Romero.
Tyler Arrington, Oral Roberts
Freshman | Morris, Okla.
- Finished 23rd at the UCA Cross Country Challenge seeing competition against Central Arkansas and Little Rock
- Led ORU for the first time this season
- Earned his second-straight top 25 finish to start his career as a Golden Eagle
Jessica Romero, Oral Roberts
Junior | Brownwood, Texas
- Placed 10th out of 98 competitors, including runners from Central Arkansas and Little Rock
- Helped the Golden Eagles to a fourth-place team finish
- Dropped one minute off her 5K time from the first race of the season
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 36 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 115,000 at nine institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), the University of North Dakota, North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, Purdue Fort Wayne (Purdue University Fort Wayne), the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced 12 NCAA Champions along with over 100 Academic All-Americans, nearly 125 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.