SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – North Dakota State's Tim Heikkila and Kelby Anderson claimed The Summit League Cross Country Male and Female Athlete of the Week accolades, respectively, after their performances this past weekend. This is the second weekly award for Anderson, while Heikkilia earned his first-career weekly accolade.
Tim Heikkila, North Dakota State
Junior | Brule, Wis.
- Top collegiate finisher at the SDSU Classic, placing third overall with an 8K time of 25:21.6
- Helped the Bison to a second-place team finish out of eight teams
- Only post-collegiate runners Joel Reichow and Trent Lusignan, former NCAA All-Americans for South Dakota State, finished ahead of Heikkila
Also nominated: Draven Thompson (Purdue Fort Wayne); Luke Labatte (North Dakota)
Kelby Anderson, North Dakota State
Junior | Bismarck, N.D.
- Won second consecutive race to lead the Bison at the SDSU Classic
- Clocked a first-place 5K time of 18:03.25, winning by a margin of 21 seconds
- Recorded fifth race victory of her collegiate cross country career
Also nominated: Sophia Hirzel (Purdue Fort Wayne), Hannah Oscarson (North Dakota)