SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota State's Joseph Minor-Williams and North Dakota State's Kelby Anderson were tabbed The Summit League Cross Country Male and Female Athletes of the Week, respectively, after their performances this past weekend. This is the first weekly award for Minor-Williams and the third honor of the season for Anderson.
Joseph Minor-Williams, South Dakota State
Sophomore | Minneapolis, Minn.
- Placed 17th out of 117 runners at the Roy Griak Invite with a personal-best 8K time of 25:11.7
- Guided the Jackrabbits to a third-place team finish out of 14 teams
- Jackrabbits finished ahead of regionally ranked California Baptist, UC Santa Barbara, Columbia and Minnesota
Also nominated: Draven Thompson, Purdue Fort Wayne; Alex Bartholomay, North Dakota State
Kelby Anderson, North Dakota State
Junior | Bismarck, N.D.
- Finished fifth out of 147 runners, clocking a 6K time of 21:03.7 at the Roy Griak Invitational
- Her 6K time was the 10th-fastest in NDSU cross country history
- Paced the Bison to a seventh-place team finish out of 15 teams
Also nominated: Kathy Potter, Purdue Fort Wayne; Anna Donnay, South Dakota State