SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – South Dakota State's Joseph Minor-Williams was named The Summit League Cross Country Male Athlete of the Week, while North Dakota State's Kelby Anderson and South Dakota's Abby Ripperda were named the Co-Women Athletes of the Week. This is the second weekly award for Minor-Williams,while Anderson and Ripperda have split each week's awards on the women's side.
Joseph Minor-Williams, South Dakota State
So. | Minneapolis, Minn.
- Clocked a personal-best 8K time of 24:32.8, finishing 63rd overall out of 265 runners at the Under Armour Pre-National Invitational
- Has now been one of the first five Jackrabbits to cross the finish line in each event this season
- Led the Jackrabbits for the second time this season
Also nominated: Merga Gemeda, South Dakota; Luke Labatte, North Dakota; Emmanuel Kipngetich, Oral Roberts; Alex Bartholomay, North Dakota State; Quintin Thurman, Western Illinois; Draven Thompson, Purdue Fort Wayne
Kelby Anderson, North Dakota State
Jr. | Bismark, N.D.
- Clocked the fastest 5K race in Bison history at the UND Ron Pynn Classic with a second-place time of 16:48.0
- Beat Nancy Dietman's 35-year previous NDSU record of 16:49.8
- Bison women captured eighth-straight Ron Pynn Classic
Abby Ripperda, South Dakota
Jr. | Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Made season debut in the 6K with a first-place time of 20:49.9 at the Bradley Pink Classic, topping the 180-member field by 14 seconds
- Her time is now fastest league time this season
- Paced the Coyotes to a second-place team finish out of 23 teams
Also nominated: Hannah Oscarson, North Dakota; Alexa Granderson, Oral Roberts; Nicole Beebe, Western Illinois; Emily Johnson, Omaha; Anna Donnay, South Dakota State; Kathy Potter, Purdue Fort Wayne